05 April 2009

Cassidy's thoughts on making the most of her remaining time here

It’s hard to believe that we have been in Cape Town for three months and now only have three weeks left. Where has the time gone? The realization of this has changed the vibe in the house. Things are starting to get more hectic with everyone trying to make sure that they accomplish everything they want before leaving. There doesn’t seem to be a day lacking an activity.

I don’t know how I feel about everything being so fast paced. I too don’t want to miss out on anything but I also feel that moving at such a fast pace will make time fly by more than ever. I want to be able to enjoy the time I have left without feeling rushed. This has already proven to be a difficult task but one that I am determined to complete.

I am going to try to focus on participating in events that are unique to South Africa. There are many other fun activities that can be done other places so I will not worry myself with those. If I stay true to this I think my schedule will open up and allow me to experience the things that are really important to me. I want to absorb every part of the culture that I can while here. I don’t want to have any regrets when looking back on this experience. So far, so good.

 Cassidy & Rachel